The farm Skommars have as many other estates in Högbo, eg Klockars, miller and Fjärsmans, named after the profession that the original master had.
The first three owners Anders Andersson (1700-1771), Olof Andersson (1724-1783) and Olof Olsson (1750-1800) were all shoemakers. Only the fifth owner who also was called Olof Olsson (1804-1884) was called as a farmer. During his time built the present farm building in 1854.
The farm has been left in the family and Lennart Bertilsson is now in a direct line to the ninth owner of Skommarsgården.